Seminar “Gender Policy, Combating Violence. UN Security Council Resolution “Women, Peace and Security”
On January 28, 2022, Nataliia Shakun, Head of the Department of Philosophy and Social Sciences, and Alla Nitchenko, Associate Professor of the Department of Philosophy and Social Sciences and lecturers at the National University of Chernihiv Polytechnic, were members of the Department of Philosophy and Social Sciences. UN Security Council Resolution “Women, Peace and Security”.
The seminar was held at the Training and Methodological Center of the Federation of Trade Unions of Chernihiv region as part of a 2-day training and consultation on “Implementation of gender policy at the local level.” The event was organized on the initiative of the NGO “Women’s Union of Ukraine” and the Enterprise NMC “Federation of Trade Unions” of Chernihiv region in conjunction with the NGO “Center for Democracy”. The seminar was conducted by Ella Lamakh, Chair of the Center for Democracy Development, Gender Policy Trainer.
Active participants in the event were:
- Nina Lemesh – First Deputy Chairman of the Chernihiv Regional Council,
- Svitlana Tovstolis – Deputy Head of the Department of Entrepreneurship Development of the Department of Economic Development of the Regional State Administration,
- Olena Pekurovska – Chairman of the Union of Women of Chernihiv, Director of PJSC “Chernihiv Chernihiv Institute of Information, Business and Law,
- Marharyta Haryha – Vice-Rector of the Chernihiv Institute of Information, Business and Law,
- Tetiana Shestakovska- Rector of the Chernihiv Institute of Information, Business and Law,
- Veronika Prykhodko – Lawyer, NGO “Association of Leaders of Ukraine” (Chernihiv),
- Kateryna Hanzha- Chief Specialist of the Department of Family, Youth and Sports Chernihiv Regional State Administration ,
- Oleksandr Chaus – Head of the Department of Culture, Family, Youth, Sports and Tourism (Novy Bilous),
- Oksana Snytko – Methodist of the Regional Center for Social Services (Chernihiv),
- Tetiana Liakh – Director of the Ripky Center for Children and Youth Creativity Ripkin Village Council;
- Olha Tymchenko – head of the Chernihiv branch of the NGO “Art Therapeutic Association”,
- Bohdana Korovaieva- head of the KZ “Center for Extracurricular Education” Novobilouska village council (Novy Belous),
- Svitlana Zhymolostnova – head of trade union entrepreneurs “Unity” Chernihiv Regional Universal Scientific Library, Head of the Ukrainian Library Association,
- Inna Aliferenko – Director of the Chernihiv Regional Universal Scientific Library, Chairman of the NGO “Ukrainian Library Association”,
- Halyna Syniavska – Deputy Medical Director for Separate Units of Chernihiv Regional Hospital,
- Natalia Holchenkova – Member of the Chernihiv City Council, Chernihiv Collegium Teacher and National University named after T.H. Shevchenko.
The participants of the seminar considered the following issues:
- – peace and human security;
- – implementation of gender policy at the local level;
- – the impact of gender policy on local strategies, social programs and action plans;
- – content and essence of gender-sensitive services;
- – the main cornerstones of the agenda “Women, Peace and Security”;
- – monitoring and evaluating the participation of women and youth in decision-making.
This measure falls under the implementation of the National Action Plan for the implementation of UN Security Council Resolution 1325 “Women, Peace, Security” until 2025.